- Bristol, South West
- Posted 3rd January 2018
- £45000 - £60000 per Annum
- Ref: CM98547657
The role will deal with queries arising from the Partnership in respect of their taxation matters, often focusing on several common themes:
- Acquisition, merger, demerger or joint venture of existing Partners;
- Retirement or planning for retirement, including future business sale;
- Or a change of trading status (such as incorporation / disincorporation;
In a regulated environment, all changes must be approved by the FCA.
Furthermore the role will also include working within Bespoke Financing team to help support potential Partners and local field management review in delivering growth to the Partnership, often with personal tax consideration.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities of the role:
* To provide consultancy services to the Partnership in respect of taxation matters
* Review the taxation aspects of complex restructuring cases and project manage high profile cases
* To liaise closely with external taxation consultants, Partner Accountants & understand the requirement and drivers for businesses;
* To maintain a relevant up to date knowledge of trading structures, corporate and personal taxation
* To proactively develop guidance for Partners and Advisers
* To assist with commercial finance projects, including bespoke financing requests and other taxation led ad-hoc projects within the Division.
Required Technical Knowledge & Qualifications:
* Qualified tax specialist (ACA/CTA/qualified by experience)
* Previous financial services, HMRC or transaction experience would be of benefit
* Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge (e.g. pivot tables, financial modelling);
* Experience in writing technical advice papers and board/committee papers to support the decision outputs.
A fantastic opportunity to really progress your career within a fast paced and fantastic working environment.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form on this page. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.
Refer a Friend
If this role may suit someone you know please feel free to forward it on to them; we offer a referral bounty of up to £500!