Risk & Audit Manager
- London, London
- Posted 11th September 2017
- £250 - £330 per Day
- Ref: CM/35495
This role offers an excellent opportunity to work as part of a team to establish and embed a strong internal control and assurance environment within my client's department. The vision is for a department that proactively and efficiently ensures that key risks are appropriately identified controls are effectively designed and operated and assurance is robust. The post holder will work under the guidance of the Head of Internal Control as part of a new team to help strengthen the assurance environment for organisation, and provide guidance and support to the junior Internal Control SEO post. The role has a high level of visibility at the most senior levels of leadership within the Department and works closely with and influences directors to ensure the internal controls and assurance agenda is adhered to.
The key responsibilities will include:
* Taking guidance from the Head of Internal Control on the work to embed the internal control and assurance framework for the whole of department.
* Providing advice and expert knowledge on efficient and effective controls across a broad range of disciplines to ensure the appropriate level of assurance is adopted over the risks presented to the department.
* Engaging with and influencing stakeholders across the department and its shared service providers to raise the profile of internal controls.
* Supporting and challenging stakeholders to ensure an embedded control and assurance environment within the department
* Engage with Government internal Audit Agency (GIAA) as required and instructed to maintain a collaborative relationship.
* Attend Audit Risk and Assurance Committee as required in support of the Head of Internal Control.
* Working collaboratively and effectively other members of the team
* Provide leadership and guidance to the junior team members.
* Take ownership for the coordination and production of the annual report and accounts, liaising with staff to ensure each section is drafted timing and appropriately, and laid before parliamentary summer recess.
We are looking for someone with a strong interest in driving forward improvements to the control and assurance environment. The successful candidate will have excellent relationship management skills accompanied by strong internal audit, or control, training and experience.
Key competencies are:
* Leading and communicating
* Changing and improving
* Collaborating and partnership
* Delivering at pace.
Qualifications and experience:
A Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors qualification or fully qualified Accountant (ICAEW, CIPFA, CIMA or ACCA) is essential. Other skills in project management, programme management or IT auditing are desirable.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form on this page. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.
Refer a Friend
If this role may suit someone you know please feel free to forward it on to them; we offer a referral bounty of up to £500!